LAC Disengagement, MEA says achieving this requires agreed actions by both sides
Author: indiadmin August 27, 2020
India and China continue to be engaged both at the diplomatic and military levels to ease out the tension along the LAC in the western sector.
Informing about the ongoing discussion on disengagement along the LAC, External Affairs Ministry’s spokesperson Anurag Srivastav said that “achieving this requires agreed actions by both sides”. “The Complete disengagement requires re-deployment of troops by each side towards their regular posts on their respective sides of the LAC. It is natural that this can be done only through mutually agreed reciprocal actions,” he added.
Both sides have regularly reaffirmed to engage in accordance with the agreements reached between the two Foreign Ministers and the two Special Representatives (SRs) during their conversation on 5th July. Last week, during the 18th meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation & Coordination on India-China Border Affairs (WMCC) the two sides had a candid and in-depth exchange of views on the existing situation and “have agreed to resolve the outstanding issues in an expeditious manner and in accordance with the existing agreements and protocols”, said the MEA spokesperson.
Earlier in the day, Spokesperson for China’s Ministry of National Defense, Senior Colonel Wu Qian, had commented that since the Galwan Valley clash, China and India have held several rounds of talks through military and diplomatic channels, and “progress has been made in disengaging the frontline troops of both sides.